Friday, May 31, 2013

YOUR WONDERFUL JOURNEY HOME Summary

183rd Annual General Conference of

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

General Young Women’s Meeting, 30 March 2013


Key Doctrines:

Heavenly Father sends prophets to show us how to become like him and how to be with him again.  He is always mindful of us and loves us deeply but we each must make choices to find our own way. 

We can find our own personal ‘map’ for our journey in the scriptures, the words of prophets today, and especially through personal revelation through the Holy Ghost. 

President Uchtdorf detailed 3 additional important doctrines: “Do not fear, for I the Lord am with you;
love one another, as I have loved you; and be of good cheer.”

Favorite Quotes:
“ We do not know many details about life in that premortal sphere, but we do know some. Our Heavenly Father has revealed to us who He is, who we are, and who we can become.”

  “Open your heart to the Holy Ghost so that He can direct you along your journey through life.”
“You are not alone on this journey. Your Heavenly Father knows you. Even when no one else hears you, He hears you. When you rejoice in righteousness, He rejoices with you. When you are beset with trial, He grieves with you.”

“ Everyone you see around you ... was valiant in the premortal world. That unassuming and ordinary-looking person sitting next to you may have been one of the great figures you loved and admired in the sphere of spirits.”

So What?
To really know where I am going I must “study” my map. The words of ancient and modern prophets guide me. As I practice consistent prayer, scripture study, and seek personal revelation I can receive direct inspiration for my life, so I have a plan to read these things and consistently study them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment