Friday, May 24, 2013

WORLD WIDE LEADERSHIP TRAINING 1st President Message Summary

First Presidency Message
World Wide Leadership Training,

February 2011


Henry B Eyring gave greetings from the First Presidency and opened the World Wide Leadership Training, in February 2011, by quoting President Monson’s conclusion from the previous training in 2010. “[W]hatever your current leadership calling is, the new handbooks will be a treasure to you. They will be a blessing to you and to those you serve as you read them, understand them, and follow them. ...”

President Eyring reminded us that President Monson had “ promised that the handbooks would become to you a treasure as you do certain things” and then taught us, “ The word treasure has been used in scripture to describe something a person loves which has enduring value and which enlightens.”

As he spoke, I pondered what the greatest treasure I might desire is and how I might have it, not only for me, but also for those I serve. My feelings and thoughts happened to align with his message. He spoke about personal revelation and using it to bless and help others to “improve in their capacity to receive and recognize revelation. Only with the help of the Spirit will you read with an understanding of what the Lord intends. Only by the Spirit will you know how to apply what you read ... Only with the help of the Spirit will those to whom you delegate understand their assignments and know how to accomplish them. Only through the Spirit will [we] come to unity on what the Lord would have done.”

He also taught about the feelings we have when the Lord helps us remember what we study and as we prepare to be guided. “You can more easily treasure up what you hear or read today if it touches your heart. ... You might read and listen with this question in your mind: ‘How might these words or that idea bless someone I love?’ When you feel an answer to that question, you have added to the treasury from which the Lord will draw in the very hour when you need it to serve and to lead for Him.”

This talk has blessed me, as I keep this question foremost in my interactions with others. It helps me to realize and remember that each person is a beloved child to our Father in Heaven and reassures me as I remember that many times of help from Him in their behalf (and mine). It changes my attitude and blesses my family and all around me as I seek God’s will not mine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment